Arts & Culture Initiative of South Asia (ACISA) is a non- profit organization with a vision to:
Promote cross cultural understanding with the aim to bringing a diverse community together in celebration of life, culture, art and tradition.
- To promote the diversity of South Asian art forms by showcasing local artistes and providing them with an opportunity to present their work to a wide range of audience (Non South Asians & South Asians)
- To break cultural barriers and encourage participation, allowing all communities from Brampton to experience the different forms of South Asian Arts and culture
- To showcase South Asian heritage as it continues to evolve imbibing the cultural values of Canada
- To communicate key messages that share the philosophy of diversity with residents of Brampton
Vibrant Brampton, Vibrant Star, Vibrant Classical, Visual Arts of South Asia-Arts Festival (V.A.S.A) and META Brampton – Modern Arts, Music Festival, focus on promoting cross cultural understanding, which is critical for the success of multiculturalism that is one of the cornerstones of the Canadian constitution and growth of economy. Cultural expressions are tangible in the form of art, literature, music, dance, theatre, film, storytelling etc. Such manifestations can also be of economic value. Projects such as Vibrant Brampton,Visual Arts of South Asia-Arts Festival (V.A.S.A) and META Brampton – Digital Arts Music & Media Festival are not only harbingers of social development, but also bring economic value to local business community. Here’s how we aim to achieve this.
- Promote local talents – will provide a free platform for up and coming artistes to showcase their talents;
- Grow community pride – by showcasing traditional and fusion art forms, we create an inclusive platform for advancement, support and respect for art, artists and the community; we create cross cultural understanding to grow community pride;
- Strengthen civic engagement – by engaging local residents and newcomers in our communities, we help them integrate into the Canadian multicultural way of life; and create communities which are stronger and connected with each other;
- Celebrate the spirit of diversity – by showcasing the diverse South Asian culture, we embrace the uniqueness and bring out the similarities that help unite people;
- Increase attendees and tourist visitation and expenditures by bringing in performers Canadian and International, with huge fan following that spend money at various local establishments and will provide an economic boost ;
- Targeting people from neighbouring cities, from cities like Ottawa and Montreal, South Asian arts lovers from USA and our strong west coast South Asian population e.g. Winnipeg, Edmonton, Surrey and Vancouver will help in growing the Ontario economy. This will also enhance and strengthen Brampton and Ontario tourism brand image in Canadian and International markets